National Orienteering Championships 2011 - Hawke's Bay
This years New Zealand Championships are being held in sunny Hawke's Bay and are being hosted by the Hawke's Bay Orienteering Club inc. This site will aim to provide you with up-to-date information on the events, entry, accomodation and results as they happen.
This is for all members of the orienteering community, not just an event for elite athletes. The NZ Champs is just like a club event where there are courses for all levels of ability.
What makes it attractive as an event?
- Running on brand new top class maps in interesting areas of Hawke's Bay. With courses set by the NZ's biggest club's best course setters.
- Competing in a multi-day event. The general experience is that your orienteering skills get better with each day. There is no requirement to compete in all four days but it is an opportunity not to be missed.
- Enjoying the carnival type atmosphere compared to our more laid-back club events.
- Competing in larger fields.
- Competing in the holidays( for school and uni students).
- Being ranked as the best in your grade in New Zealand.
Regardless of ability - GIVE IT A GO !
Full Programme and Start times
Event Programme (.doc)
Congratulations to all the winners and competitors at this years National Orienteering Championships. It has been an exciting four days of racing and all of us in HB are extremely happy with the turnout at this years competition. Full results can be found on the results page along with links to the split times. We all hope you had as much fun as we did running this year's event.
M/W 10 Classes.
If you made a special start time request on your entry, to allow your child to be accompanied on their course, then the child has been classified as 'nc'. They will not be eligible for awards in their class. Only children who are classified as 'nc' will be allowed to be accompanied on their course. If you wish to change the classification of your child, to either make them 'nc' or to make them official, please do not hesitate to contact the organisers. Please note, that the start times for M/W10 competitors have been changed for the Sprint and Middle distance events.
The full programme and event information is now available. Please also note the draft event information was incorrect with the relay compositions, and these have been updated to the current NZOF rules. Start lists for the Sprint Middle and Long are now also available on the events page.
No event entries will be received after Friday 8th April.
Congratulations, we have had 535 entries at 1st April cutoff. This makes it one of NZs biggest nationals events. The large fields will ensure racing will be exciting and competitive, and the radio controls will ensure that spectators will be part of the action.